As a multi-passionate creative, skilled in a vast background of creative fields, I get what voice and aesthetics draws people in and makes them want to stay.
With over 9 years experience in e-commerce and online content writing, website and learning design I know how to write relatable and engaging content.
I’m highly attentive and intuitive with a sharp eye for detail. I can quickly assess visual spaces and layouts and am geared towards optimising the whole to convey the heart of the project or brand.
I enjoy a life filled with sustainability, mixed media art, a wildly messy but abundant kitchen, yoga, travel and ample time connecting to nature in order to reflect a mindful perspective in my work that resonates with those seeking their own journeys of intentional living and a deeper connection.
People want to connect with what’s real and honesty and beautiful and gritty and creative expression is like oxygen to my brain. With the right words, aesthetic and visual narrative – I really believe the world transforms.
“People do not buy goods and services.
They buy relations, stories and magic.”
– Seth Godin
My background in art direction for film and theatre, product design, content creation and later e-commerce platform content management, as well as the development of my own creative projects have shaped me into a dynamic writer, artist and all-round creative able to see big pictures while overseeing all the details and sharing compelling narratives throughout.
For a full run down of my past work experience and detailed skills list, please hop on over to my LinkedIn Profile.
- Web Copy & Brand Content Writing
- Creative Conceptualisation & Innovation
- Website Architecture & Design
- Painting (bodies, murals & art)
- Creative Writing
- DIY & Rennovation
- Learning Design
What people are saying
“Andrea is a conscientious writer who has a real talent to empathically channel the mindset of her audience. Her delivery of content is thorough and she consistently brings a surprisingly left-field alternative perspective to group brainstorming sessions – challenging the status quo and pushing the creative boundary forward. She relishes the challenge of the obscure and works well collaboratively as well as individually. She is certainly a valuable asset for any creative team.”
I enjoy challenges that grow the spirit.
- Sat on a 10-Day Silent Vipassana meditation course
- Co-created Oceaneers.co – a community platform intended to inspire reductionism for the sustainability of our oceans
- Completed a 365 daily painting challenge of my own miniature paintings
- Completed my 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Three-time theme camp wrangler at AfrikaBurn
- Travelled North Vietnam by motorbike (and got the scar to prove it)
- Ran the Knysna half (21km) in Vibram Barefoot Shoes
- Couchsurfed my way down the East coast of the US
- Climbed an active volcano – Mount Batur, Bali
- Established a small range of own designs under the Carrol Boyes brand